Mock tests are useful in a wide variety of situations
- Maybe you have been learning to drive without using an ADI (Approved Driving Instructor) & would like to
know whether you are achieving the standard to take the ‘ L plate’ practical driving test.
- Maybe you are nervous of how the driving test is conducted & marked, a mock test would help you
- Maybe you are nervous & stressed in exam circumstances & would like some help in controlling the
Mock tests are conducted as closely to the real test as possible. The test will start with the eyesight test (reading a number plate at 20m) followed with the Show Me, Tell me questions. The practical drive will cover a variety of roads 20mph through to 60mph, taking in different road & junction layouts. All forward & reverse manoeuvres will be tested along with emergency stops. A full debrief will be given at the end.
We recommend that you read through the following materials
- The Highway Code
- Driving: The Essential Skills
- The Official Driving Test
All official publications by DSA are available through www.tso.co.uk or bookshops.